This website is an electronic publication of and a service provided by eMedia Asia Limited(hereinafter referred to as "EMAL").
"EMAL Content" shall mean all content or materials (including text and images) in this website, all files within this website and all data within such files, but excluding Third Party Content.
"Force Majeure Event" in relation to a person or entity shall mean an event beyond that person's or entity's reasonable control, including but not limited to: acts of God; fire; flood; explosion; storm; disaster; vandalism; power surge or outage; cable cut; disruptions or failures in telecommunication systems or equipment or electrical power or supply; server crashes; back-up failures; disruptions to or failure of Internet access or connectivity; serious accidents; epidemics or quarantine restrictions; any law, order, regulation, direction, action or request of any government (including state and local governments) or any civil or military authority, or of any dependent agency, commission, court, bureau, corporation or other instrumentality thereof; allocation regulations or orders affecting materials and/or the supply thereof; national emergencies, insurrections, riots, civil commotion, war or warlike operations; strikes, lockouts, work stoppages or labour disputes, troubles or difficulties; delays in transportation; supplier failures, shortages, breaches or delays; or inability after due and timely diligence to procure materials, accessories, equipment or parts.
"Global Sources Group" shall mean Global Sources Ltd., a Bermuda corporation, and its subsidiaries (including EMAL) from time to time.
"Overall Content" shall mean the EMAL Content, the Third Party Content, and any and all attachments transmitted through this website.
"Specific Terms" shall mean the respective terms and conditions applicable to Specific Services, including those prescribed or imposed by EMAL in relation to such Specific Services, or those contained in respective agreements entered into between Visitors and EMAL in relation to such Specific Services.
"Third Party Content" shall mean those content or materials (including text and images) in this website the titles, rights and interests in or to which are not owned by EMAL but by the respective Third Party Licensors.
"Third Party Licensors" shall mean the respective owners of the titles, rights and interests in or to the Third Party Content.
"Visitor" shall mean the individual who, or the entity whose agent, accesses or uses this website, the services provided in this website, or any of the Overall Content.
- Application of other terms and conditions
- (b) only to the extent that such conflict or inconsistency cannot be so resolved, the provisions of the Specific Terms shall prevail.
- Intellectual Property
Unless otherwise expressly stated:-
- (a) all titles, rights and interests (including without limitation copyright) in respect of the EMAL Content belong to EMAL, and nothing herein confers on the Visitor any title, right or interest in respect thereof; and
- (b) all titles, rights and interests (including without limitation copyright) in respect of Third Party Content belong to the respective Third Party Licensor, and nothing herein confers on the Visitor any title, right or interest in respect thereof.
- Use of EMAL Content
Visitors to this website may use the EMAL Content solely and exclusively for personal or internal purposes. The Visitor may download and/or reproduce limited portions of the EMAL Content on an occasional ad hoc basis and distribute such EMAL Content internally, solely and exclusively for personal or internal purposes;
PROVIDED HOWEVER THAT:-
Downloading, reproduction, distribution and/or use of any EMAL Content does not transfer any title, right or interest in or to such EMAL Content, and such EMAL Content may be downloaded, reproduced, distributed and/or used only in accordance with this paragraph 4.
Except as expressly permitted in this paragraph 4, Visitors to this website may not copy, reproduce, modify, alter, reverse engineer, disassemble, sell, transfer, rent, license, publish, distribute, disseminate in any form or otherwise allow access to all or any EMAL Content or Third Party Content.
If the Visitor is a corporation, this provision shall apply to any subsidiary, affiliate or parent of such corporation.
- (a) the use, reproduction and distribution of such EMAL Content (either in hard copy or electronic form) is not done in any manner which might be competitive with the EMAL's use, reproduction or distribution of such content or other content similar thereto; and
- (b) such EMAL Content is reproduced and distributed with appropriate notices, including copyright notices, indicating EMAL as the source of such EMAL Content and prohibiting any further reproduction or distribution of such EMAL Content.
- Protection of Intellectual Property Rights
The Visitor expressly acknowledges that this website and the EMAL Content (or the Third Party Content, as the case may be) were prepared by the Global EMAL (or the Third Party Licensors, as the case may be) through the application of methods and standards of judgment developed and applied through the expenditure of substantial time, effort and money.
The Visitor agrees to protect all copyright and other intellectual property or other proprietary rights and interests of EMAL (or the Third Party Licensors, as the case may be) in or to this website and the EMAL Content (or the Third Party Content, as the case may be).
In addition, the Visitor shall honor and comply with reasonable written requests made by EMAL in connection with the protection, enforcement or exercise of EMAL's (or, as the case may be, the Third Party Licensors') contractual and other legal (whether statutory or common law) or equitable rights and remedies in respect of this website and the EMAL Content (or the Third Party Content, as the case may be).
EMAL reserves the right to alter or modify this website, including portions thereof, from time to time. Such alterations or modifications may include, without limitation, addition or withdrawal of features, services, data or content or changes in instructions. EMAL may also at any time suspend or discontinue all or any part of this website or the provision of updates.
- No endorsement of third parties
- (a) EMAL does not endorse or make any representation or warranty whatsoever (whether express or implied), and shall not be responsible or liable under any circumstances whatsoever, in respect of :-
Such third party websites and such third party products, services, information, data or other content (whether provided or offered therein or in or through this website) are the sole responsibility of independent third parties, and as against EMAL, the Visitor's use thereof or reliance thereon is solely at the Visitor's own risk. A Visitor's rights and remedies in respect thereof are governed solely by other applicable agreements or terms (if any) between the Visitor and the relevant third party.
- (i) any third party website hyperlinked to this website, or any products, services, information, data or other content offered or provided therein; and/or
- (ii) any product, service, information, data or other content offered or provided by third parties in or through this website.
- (b) Without prejudice to the generality of paragraph 8(a) above:-
- (i) a description or reference to a product or service in this website (including any description or reference via hyperlink) does not imply endorsement by any member of EMAL of that product or service;
- (ii) EMAL does not make any representation or warranty as to the quality, accuracy, reliability or suitability of any third party websites or any third party products, services, information, data or other content (whether provided or offered therein or in or through this website); and
- (iii) EMAL shall not be liable or responsible for any defects, deficiencies, errors, omissions or inaccuracies in any third party websites or any third party products, services, information, data or other content (whether provided or offered therein or in or through this website).
- EXCLUSION OF REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
THIS WEBSITE AND THE OVERALL CONTENT ARE MADE AVAILABLE "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY AS TO THEIR PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE; AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND/OR WARRANTIES, TO THE EXTENT CAPABLE OF BEING EXCLUDED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED BY EMAL, ITS LICENSORS, DEALERS, DISTRIBUTORS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES, AND ALL THIRD PARTIES (IF ANY) INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION OR DELIVERY OF THIS WEBSITE AND/OR THE OVERALL CONTENT.
IN PARTICULAR, BUT WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, EMAL, ITS LICENSORS, DEALERS, DISTRIBUTORS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES, AND THIRD PARTIES (IF ANY) INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION OR DELIVERY OF THIS WEBSITE AND/OR THE OVERALL CONTENT, MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO, AND THE VISITOR ASSUMES THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO:-
- (A) ANYTHING CONTAINED IN, THE PERFORMANCE OF, OR THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED BY USING, THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OF THE OVERALL CONTENT;
- (B) THE CONSEQUENCES OF DOWNLOADING ANY ATTACHMENT TRANSMITTED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE;
- (C) THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR SUITABILITY FOR ANY PURPOSE WHATSOEVER OF, THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OF THE OVERALL CONTENT; AND/OR
- (D) THE STANDING, CREDIT OR OTHERWISE OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY MENTIONED IN THIS WEBSITE OR IN ANY OF THE OVERALL CONTENT.
- EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL EMAL, ITS LICENSORS, DEALERS, DISTRIBUTORS, AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES, OR ANY THIRD PARTY INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION OR DELIVERY OF THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OF THE OVERALL CONTENT BE LIABLE FOR:-
- (A) ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, SECONDARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OF THE OVERALL CONTENT (SUCH AS BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR DELAY, OR LOSS OF ANTICIPATED REVENUE, PROFITS OR BENEFITS, OR ANY ECONOMIC OR FINANCIAL LOSS), WHETHER BASED UPON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF THEY WERE AWARE OF, WERE ADVISED OF, OR OUGHT TO HAVE KNOWN OF, THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES;
- (B) ANY CONSEQUENCES OF DOWNLOADING OR USING ANY ATTACHMENT TRANSMITTED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE;
- (C) ANY FAILURE, DELAY, DISRUPTION OR INTERRUPTION IN, OF OR TO THIS WEBSITE, HOWSOEVER CAUSED OR ARISING;
- (D) ANY FAILURE, DELAY, DISRUPTION OR INTERRUPTION IN, OF OR TO THE TRANSMISSION OR RECEPTION OF ANY DATA OR INFORMATION THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, HOWSOEVER CAUSED OR ARISING;
- (E) ANY DEFECT, DEFICIENCY, BREAKDOWN OR FAILURE OF ANY SOFTWARE OR ANY EQUIPMENT OR SYSTEM (WHETHER OR NOT MAINTAINED OR OPERATED BY EMAL OR ANY OTHER PERSON), HOWSOEVER CAUSED OR ARISING;
- (F) ANY LOSS, CORRUPTION, DELETION OR DAMAGE OF OR TO ANY DATA OR INFORMATION (WHETHER BELONGING TO, PROVIDED BY OR STORED BY THE VISITOR OR OTHERWISE) WHICH IS TRANSMITTED TO OR STORED IN ANY SYSTEM OR EQUIPMENT (WHETHER OR NOT MAINTAINED OR OPERATED BY EMAL, THE VISITOR OR ANY OTHER PERSON), HOWSOEVER CAUSED OR ARISING;
- (G) ANY BREACH, FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE OR DELAY CAUSED BY A FORCE MAJEURE EVENT; AND/OR
- (H) ANY DEFECTS, DEFICIENCIES, ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR INACCURACIES IN THIS WEBSITE OR IN ANY OF THE OVERALL CONTENT.
- INFRINGEMENT OF RIGHTS AND/OR VIOLATION OF LAWS OR REGULATIONS
- (A) EACH VISITOR AGREES AND UNDERTAKES THAT THE VISITOR SHALL NOT USE THIS WEBSITE IN ANY MANNER THAT INFRINGES OR VIOLATES, OR MIGHT POTENTIALLY INFRINGE OR VIOLATE, ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR OTHER RIGHTS OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY, OR ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION
WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, EACH VISITOR AGREES AND UNDERTAKES THAT THE VISITOR SHALL NOT USE THIS WEBSITE TO ACQUIRE OR SEEK TO ACQUIRE ANY PRODUCT OR UNDERTAKE OR SEEK TO UNDERTAKE ANY ACTIVITY, OR TO SEND ANY INQUIRIES TO, TO COMMUNICATE WITH, OR TO OTHERWISE CONTACT, ANY PERSON OR ENTITY WITH A VIEW TO OR IN CONNECTION WITH ACQUIRING ANY PRODUCT OR UNDERTAKING ANY TRANSACTION OR ACTIVITY, THAT WOULD OR MIGHT ACTUALLY OR POTENTIALLY INFRINGE OR VIOLATE, OR INVOLVE ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL INFRINGEMENT OR VIOLATION OF, ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR OTHER RIGHTS OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY, OR ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION.
- (B) EACH VISITOR ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THE GLOBAL SOURCES GROUP SHALL NOT BE, OR BE DEEMED TO BE, A PARTY TO, OR OTHERWISE INVOLVED IN, ANY TRANSACTION(S) OR ACTIVITY(IES) THAT MAY BE ENTERED INTO BETWEEN ANY VISITOR AND ANY PERSON OR ENTITY DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY AS A RESULT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE BY ANY VISITOR OF THIS WEBSITE.
- (C) EACH VISITOR WHO ACQUIRES ANY PRODUCT FROM, OR WHO ENTERS INTO ANY TRANSACTION OR ACTIVITY WITH, OR WHO SENDS ANY INQUIRY TO, COMMUNICATES WITH OR OTHERWISE CONTACTS, OR WHO RECEIVES ANY COMMUNICATION FROM, ANY PERSON OR ENTITY DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY AS A RESULT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE SHALL BEAR SOLELY AND EXCLUSIVELY ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISKS FOR SUCH ACQUISITION, TRANSACTION, ACTIVITY, INQUIRY, COMMUNICATION OR CONTACT AND SHALL FULLY INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND/OR HOLD HARMLESS, AS THE CASE MAY BE, EACH MEMBER OF THE GLOBAL SOURCES GROUP AND ANY DIRECTOR, OFFICER, EMPLOYEE. REPRESENTATIVE, AGENT AND/OR SERVICE PROVIDER THEREOF (COLLECTIVELY, "INDEMNITEES") IN RESPECT OF ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, SUITS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, JUDGMENTS, FINES, PENALTIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LEGAL COSTS AND EXPENSES ON A FULL INDEMNITY BASIS) (COLLECTIVELY, "LIABILITIES") THAT MAY BE SUFFERED BY ANY MEMBER OF THE GLOBAL SOURCES GROUP AND/OR ANY OTHER INDEMNITEE, AND/OR BY THE VISITOR OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, AS THE CASE MAY BE, AS A RESULT OF, OR ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH, ANY SUCH ACQUISITION, TRANSACTION, ACTIVITY, INQUIRY, COMMUNICATION OR CONTACT INFRINGING OR VIOLATING THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR OTHER RIGHTS OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY, OR ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION, AND NEITHER THE GLOBAL SOURCES GROUP NOR ANY OTHER INDEMNITEE ASSUMES OR SHALL BEAR ANY LIABILITY, OBLIGATION, RESPONSIBILITY OR RISK WHATSOEVER FOR OR IN RESPECT OF ANY SUCH ACQUISITION, TRANSACTION, ACTIVITY, INQUIRY, COMMUNICATION OR CONTACT.
- (D) FOR THE PURPOSES HEREOF, "RELEVANT ACTIVITIES" IN RELATION TO ANY PRODUCT APPEARING IN THIS WEBSITE SHALL MEAN ANY ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING (AS THE CONTEXT REQUIRES): THE IMPORT, EXPORT, STORAGE, TRANSPORTATION, TRANSIT, CUSTOMS CLEARANCE, DELIVERY, USE, ADVERTISING, DISPLAY, REPRODUCTION, OFFER, SALE, SUPPLY, PURCHASE, PROVISION OR RE-SALE OF SUCH PRODUCT OR ANY TRANSACTION, ACTIVITY OR DEALING IN RESPECT OF ANY SUCH PRODUCT.
NONE OF THE MEMBERS OF THE GLOBAL SOURCES GROUP MAKES ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATSOEVER (WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED) THAT THE PRODUCTS APPEARING IN THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY RELEVANT ACTIVITIES IN RESPECT OF ANY SUCH PRODUCTS, DO NOT AND WILL NOT INFRINGE OR VIOLATE ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR OTHER RIGHTS OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY, OR ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION.
EACH VISITOR WHO ACQUIRES OR WISHES TO ACQUIRE, AND/OR WHO UNDERTAKES OR WISHES TO UNDERTAKE ANY OTHER RELEVANT ACTIVITY IN RELATION TO, ANY PRODUCT APPEARING IN THIS WEBSITE SHALL BE SOLELY AND EXCLUSIVELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT SUCH PRODUCT, AND/OR SUCH RELEVANT ACTIVITY IN RELATION TO SUCH PRODUCT, DO NOT AND WILL NOT INFRINGE OR VIOLATE ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR OTHER RIGHTS OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY, OR ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION, AND SHALL FULLY INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH MEMBER OF THE GLOBAL SOURCES GROUP AND ANY OTHER INDEMNITEE FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY SUCH INFRINGEMENT OR VIOLATION.
WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, EACH VISITOR WHO ACQUIRES OR WISHES TO ACQUIRE ANY PRODUCT APPEARING IN THIS WEBSITE IS ADVISED TO CONDUCT, AND SHALL IN ANY EVENT BE SOLELY AND EXCLUSIVELY RESPONSIBLE FOR CONDUCTING, ITS OWN DUE DILIGENCE ENQUIRIES, CHECKS AND INVESTIGATIONS, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) CONSULTING THE RELEVANT GOVERNMENT OR REGULATORY AUTHORITIES, AND SEEKING ITS OWN INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE, AS MAY BE NECESSARY AND APPROPRIATE, SO AS TO SATISFY ITSELF AND ENSURE THAT SUCH PRODUCT AND THE RELEVANT ACTIVITIES IN RELATION TO SUCH PRODUCT DO NOT AND WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR OTHER RIGHTS OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY AND ARE AND WILL BE IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Entire agreement
Failure of either party to insist at any time upon strict compliance with any provision herein or to seek remedy of any breach shall not constitute or be construed as a waiver of such provision or breach, or of any other rights or remedies.
- Governing Law & Jurisdiction