Biswadip Mitra to head ISA for 2010-11
Widely acknowledged for his leadership in the industry, Mitra takes charge at a time when ISA is poised to play a key role in driving rapid growth of the Indian electronics industry.
"Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) is a huge opportunity for India. It also has the potential to change our country. Through strong acceleration by the ISA member community, we aim to fast-forward the growth across multiple verticals, driven by the electronics system design and manufacturing companies. We will also intensify our focus on green energy leadership and inclusive growth," said Mitra.
"We have strong ISA membership from 130 companies in the semiconductor ecosystem today. Moving forward, we expect to have several more OEMs in ISA who are engaged in systems design and manufacturing in India. These OEMs will propel our industry's future electronics growth," Mitra added.
The members of the Executive Council of ISA for 2010-11 are:
• Biswadip (Bobby) Mitra, president and managing director, Texas Instruments India (ISA Chairman)
• Pradip K Dutta, corporate VP and managing director, Synopsys India (ISA Vice Chairman)
• Rajesh Mishra, VP, SEMI and Peripherals Practice
• Wipro Technologies (ISA treasurer)
• B V Naidu, adviser, ISA and chairman, Sagitaur Ventures
• Poornima Shenoy, ISA president
• Satyanarayan Gupta, CEO, Concept2Silicon Systems.
• Ganesh Guruswamy, VP and country manager, Freescale Semiconductor.
• Praveen Vishakantaiah, president, Intel India
• Raghu Panicker, sales director, Mentor Graphics India
• Vivek Sharma, EMR VP and director, India Design Centre, ST Microelectronics
• Sanjay Nayak, CEO, Tejas Networks