Global Sources
EE Times-India
Stay in touch with EE Times India
 
EE Times-India > Manufacturing/Packaging
 
 
Manufacturing/Packaging  

Renesas supports Powerchip Semi for China CE market

Posted: 02 Jan 2007     Print Version  Bookmark and Share

Keywords:embedded systems  LSI devices  LSI product  microcontrollers  microcontroller 

Renesas Technology Corp. will participate in a Powerchip Semiconductor Corp. (PSC) subsidiary to reinforce software development and support for the China consumer electronics market.

Renesas and PSC have agreed that Renesas will jointly manage Retronix Technologies Inc. (RTX), currently a wholly owned subsidiary of PSC that specialises in system solutions. Participation starts this month. Renesas will hold 37 per cent of RTX equity, while the remaining 63 per cent is owned by PSC.

Taipei-based RTX will develop and provide technical support for system solutions incorporating Renesas' system LSI products targeted at the China market for digital home appliances and consumer electronics. Renesas is reinforcing its development resources. In China, it has established an R&D centre staffed with 500 engineers. This R&D base mainly focuses on microcontroller development.

The new joint venture operation will focus on software while the R&D centre in Beijing mainly focuses on hardware. With development and support in system level, Renesas expects further business expansion in China, said a spokeswoman of Renesas.

- Yoshiko Hara
EE Times




Comment on "Renesas supports Powerchip Semi for ..."
Comments:  
*  You can enter [0] more charecters.
*Verify code:
 
 
Webinars

Seminars

Visit Asia Webinars to learn about the latest in technology and get practical design tips.

 

Go to top             Connect on Facebook      Follow us on Twitter      Follow us on Orkut

 
Back to Top